Monday, May 24, 2010

CraftyME: SOX! SOX !SOX!

Hello all. I know I have been a bit of a blog slacker. Lately I've been feeling very WoeIsME. Life is trying to drive me to the CrazyME side. I keep saying I'm gonna come blog about it but I haven't really felt like it. I have however been doing what I do best, being CraftyME. All I do is knit, look at knitting online, and listen to people talking about knitting.

 One of the things that I have been focused on knitting is SOX. I know it's crazy. I know I said why would anyone want to knit sox. But I'm sucked in, thanks OCS aka OnlineCrackSpot aka Ravelry. So I completed my first pair back in March. My cutie almost matchy rainbow sox.  I f'luv em. The second one is a tidbit smaller than the first. This is because I was so anxious to finish and my big ol size 10 foot wasn't helping the cause. But it's all  good.


So after I finished those I decided I wanted to learn how to magic loop 2 @ a time. Make em both at the same time. That way they will match and be the same size.  So  I had some affordable neutral sock yarn and ordered my book 2@a time socks and jumped on in.  Again my big feet are not my friends. I so wanted to be done about halfway through the foot. A month or so later, i.e. this past weekend I finally finished. They are comfy and cozy.


Midway through I was getting kind of bored and decided I wanted to try something a little more challenging. So I cast on Spring Forward from Knitty. My first chart pattern, yay. Until I realized I separated the stitches wrong on the needles. So I had to frog 2 days worth of knitting. But the good news is I frogged and re-knit and got as far as I was when I frogged all in the same evening.  Now I am to the heel but I have a bit of a conundrum.  I don't think that this yarn is working for this pattern. You cant really see the pattern because of the color. And I'm sad because I really love the color and I really love the pattern. But I'm thinking I may have to frog it and try again with a different, maybe plain colored yarn. Le Sigh I think I'll just let it hang out under my nightstand for awhile, I can't bring myself to frog it just yet.


Now that I've cured my second sock syndrome by learning 2 @ a time, I've got to cure the big feet blues. I'm thinking 2 @ a time toe-up sox are next on the agenda.  This way I can get the boring foot part done first and then start the fun/challenge of the leg. Since I can't be WorkME right now because our computer systems are down, I've been practicing Judy's Magic Cast on this morning. Before the day is out I will be casting on some toe-ups. I'm just not sure which ones.  WannaME needs to get busy searching for patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment